The Perfect Little Black Dress

A little black dress is perfect for so many occasions. Whether it be girl’s night, date night, or dressed up for work, it is one of the most versatile pieces that you can own. It took me forever to find one that I loved,Β so it’s only fitting that I share all the details with you! I had so much fun putting this look together & hope that you love it! Be sure to follow me on Instagram to get a sneak peek of my looks before I post them on my blog!

Nine times out of ten I prefer to go to Nordstrom Rack, just because the prices are usually way better. But I decided to switch things up and give Nordstrom a go. I immediately loved this black dress! I thought $38 was a great price for a piece that is so versatile. What mostly stood out to me was the cutout detailing on the front & back! It fit true to size andΒ thought it didn’t cling to me which I love! They have so many colors and a striped version too!

I’ve literally had my jean jacket for years & it’s still going strong! I’ve worn these chunky heels time and time again and I will never get tired of wearing them. They are by far one of my favorite Target finds.

The top knot has been my favorite way to wear my hair this summer! Basically, if I’m not at the office, you’ll find me wearing a topknot. My tools to create this look are dry shampoo (LOTS of it!), clear elastics, hairspray, and a teasing comb. Practice makes perfect, and the more you wear it, the better it’ll look!

What’s your favorite piece for summer?!

18 Responses to The Perfect Little Black Dress

1. Super cute! You pull off that top knot so well! Not everyone can – including me!

I love Nordstrom Rack too, but I tend to get in a little trouble when I’m in there haha I love this dress and the cut outs make it really unique. It’s a modern take on the classic little black dress!

Yes girl! Everything is such a good deal so I definitely get into trouble too! The cut out was my favorite part & it’s so easy to dress it up or down! πŸ™‚

3. Love that dress… Topknot on point! πŸ™‚

4. Pingback: Friday Fab Five - 07.29.16 | Closet Full of Cocktails

5. love it! Fits perfectly on you! πŸ™‚

Lisa | http://www.fromdreamtoplan.net/

6. Alifya says:

Adorable !! πŸ™‚

7. Amanda Bella says:

I love a good LBD! This one was such a great find + looks amazing on you! I’m usually a huge top knot + Nordstrom rack fan too!! πŸ˜‰

Thank you Amanda! It was so cute when I saw it, I just couldn’t pass it up! I’m all about finding good deals so normally Nordstrom Rack is more my type πŸ™‚

8. Gina says:

I love it all! I got my jean jacket at Gap seriously 10 years ago I think?! And I love it more now than I did then! πŸ™‚ And you always totally rock the top knot…. love it!

Old jean jackets are seriously the best! It’s almost like the longer you have them, the better they look πŸ™‚ and thank you so much!!

9. jess says:

I love that dress!! I barely ever go to Nordstrom…. but they just opened up a Nordstrom Rack which I super excited to check out! It’s probably better for my wallet! πŸ˜‰

Yes! Nordstrom rack is definitely worth checking out, they have way better deals and their clothes are just as cute in my opinion πŸ™‚