Hey friends! Valentine’s Day is just around the corner. Today I’m sharing 15 ways to show you care. Not all these ideas have to be for a husband or significant other- some can be for a friend, galentine, or family member. I hope these ideas get you thinking outside the box to make someone’s day special. Not everyone loves Valentine’s Day, and this could be a perfect opportunity to make someone’s day for the better!
- Send Flowers to a Friend- If you have a friend that’s going through a tough time or doesn’t have a significant other, send her a bouquet of her favorite flowers to let her know you’re thinking of her. If flowers are out of the budget, send her a valentine’s card in the mail!
- Make a Meal For Your Spouse/Boyfriend– Guys, I don’t know about you, but Alex loves to eat and I hate cooking. Food is definitely a part of his love language.
- Speaking of Love Languages– Learn the love language of your spouse, friends, etc. When you know what makes them feel most important, it really helps when trying to make a nice gesture. If your husband’s love language is quality time, going to a game of his favorite sports team or attending a cooking class might mean more to him than buying him a sweater.
- Bake Some Treats– If you have the time, invite some of your friends to bake some valentine’s treats with you! Otherwise, you can make a plate of goodies to drop off at their place as a surprise.
- Offer to Babysit– Do some of your friends have kids? Offer to watch their babies so they can enjoy a valentine’s date!
- Surprise your Spouse with a New Experience– Maybe it’s taking a weekend trip to a city you’ve never visited, or something as simple as trying out a new local restaurant. Trying new things together is something that you should never stop doing!
- Host Galentine’s Day– This one would be tough for me, because my friends live all over the place and not many are local. If you’re fortunate enough to have most of your friends live in the city, host a galentine’s get together!
- Small Jar of Goodies– hit up the Target dollar spot for some cute + inexpensive gifts for your friends + coworkers! For example, you could get some fuzzy socks, nail polish, and a mug of cocoa for the perfect cozy DIY gift!
- FaceTime Date– Like I said before, very few of my friends live local so sometimes you just need to utilize FaceTime. One of my friends temporarily moved across the country so we always like to set up our FaceTime chats.
- Be Intentional About Your Words– This really applies to all the people in your life, but for me I’m definitely working on it with my husband. Sometimes it’s so easy to just say something without even thinking of how it might make the other person feel. Take your time to respond to situations, especially when you don’t see eye to eye.
- Girl’s Day– Okay my mom and I do this all the time, but Valentine’s is the perfect time to take your mom, friend, sister, or sister-in-law, and have a girl’s day to get pedicures!
- Make a List + Pray– Seriously make a list of all the important people in your life, and jot down a few notes. Maybe something is happening in their life that needs prayer at the moment. Go through the list of all your important people and pray for them. Prayer can move mountains!
- Be an Intentional Gifter– If you pay close attention, you will pick up on gift ideas for your significant other. Whether they complain about their favorite shoes showing signs of wear or see a jacket they like while you’re out and about, jot it down in your phone. It’s so much easier to have a handful of gift ideas that you know they will love!
- DIY it!– Maybe you don’t have a ton of money to spend on a gift and that is okay! One of my favorite gifts from my husband was a book of bible verses to help me when I’m stressed or anxious. Pinterest has a ton of DIY ideas and don’t be afraid to make it your own
- Get Some Pictures Done– Maybe you have a friend that has a nice camera or is a photographer. Get some fun pictures at a coffee shop or in the snow. Pictures are priceless, and it doesn’t have to be a big occasion like your wedding just to get them done.
I hope that these 15 ideas can help every person in your life feel special and loved. It doesn’t have to be Valentine’s to use these ideas either, you can modify some of them to be used year round! I hope you all have the best weekend.
What are your Valentine’s plans?